Join one of the largest public accounting and professional services firms in Hawaii focused on creating the next generation of business leaders. Accuity LLP works with top-tier businesses in a variety of industries, helping them adapt to ever-changing market demands with strategic consulting, audit, and tax expertise.
As an audit manager, you’ll work alongside and learn from talented innovators who love tackling problems and finding solutions. We invest in developing leaders and provide a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
In addition to typical benefits, enjoy a progressive benefits package with unique offerings including flexible work arrangements, unlimited time off, life coaching, fitness and wellness classes, and allowances for cell phones and meals. Beyond perks and technical training, our culture is inclusive, balanced, transparent, and collaborative. We believe our people are our greatest asset so we do everything we can to provide the tools, training, and support they need to excel at their jobs.
As a manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of a portfolio of client engagements, from client relationships to fieldwork planning and oversight to deliverables. You will participate in recruiting, coaching and staff development initiatives. You will be involved in developing and implementing Firm policies and procedures. You’ll also be expected to work outside of normal business hours if needed to complete client projects. Travel may be required in connection with professional development activities or client assignments.
- Client engagements from start to finish: Develop or review and approve the audit strategy based on an understanding of the client’s business and industry and assessment of risk. Approve the time budget and staff assignments. Prepare the client engagement letter and fee estimates. Review and finalize the audit report and other deliverables. Prepare client billings.
- Fieldwork: Monitor fieldwork status. Serve as a role model, review work promptly, and resolve issues as they arise. Keep the Engagement Leader informed of status and issues. Negotiate required modifications to the audit plan or timing.
- Client Coordination: Develop strong client relationships. Maintain contact throughout the year. Communicate relevant industry developments and identify major transactions that could impact audit strategy or tax planning. Effectively communicate with the client to obtain necessary information to complete the engagement.
- Staff Development: Plan staffing on engagements to enhance learning and development. Provide on-the- job training and feedback. Serve as a role model and career coach for staff.
- Technical and Administrative: Manage multiple ongoing engagements to ensure work is completed timely and in accordance with all technical, industry and firm standards.
- Business Development: Identify opportunities to develop new business and build relationships. Leverage Accuity’s strengths to improve the Firm’s visibility in serving business needs. Participate in the new business proposal process.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- At least 5 years of progressive audit experience in a public accounting environment
- Strong technical skills sufficient to perform work in accordance with GAAP and GAAS
- The ability to identify and resolve complex accounting issues
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong administrative and supervisory skills
- Experience using computer accounting and auditing software programs, as well as Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet applications
Other Essential Attributes
- Ethical and professional
- Business acumen, strong interpersonal and communications skills
- A continuous learning mentality
- Bachelors or master’s degree in accounting, or related major with strong accounting concentration
- Hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license
- Be a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
If this position is not for you, explore our other opportunities here.