Join one of the largest public accounting and professional services firms in Hawaii focused on creating the next generation of business leaders. Accuity LLP works with top-tier businesses in a variety of industries, helping them adapt to ever-changing market demands with strategic consulting, audit, and tax expertise.
As an audit senior associate, you’ll work alongside and learn from talented innovators who love tackling problems and finding solutions. We invest in developing leaders and provide a variety of opportunities for training and advancement.
In addition to typical benefits, enjoy a progressive benefits package with unique offerings including flexible work arrangements, unlimited time off, life coaching, fitness and wellness classes, and allowances for cell phones and meals. Beyond perks and technical training, our culture is inclusive, balanced, transparent, and collaborative. We believe our people are our greatest asset so we do everything we can to provide the tools, training, and support they need to excel at their jobs.
As a Senior Associate, you will be responsible for all aspects of fieldwork, including planning, day to day account management, training and supervision of entry level staff, and completing client deliverables. You will have the opportunity to take on larger, more complex engagements. You’ll also be expected to work outside of normal business hours if needed to complete client projects. Travel may be required in connection with professional development activities or client assignments.
- Audit engagements from start to finish: Develop the audit strategy based on an understanding of the client’s business and industry, including the time budget and detailed staff assignments. Oversee day-to-day audit work. Draft audit reports and other deliverables.
- Fieldwork: Provide ongoing daily instruction, training, and coaching for all team members to promote professional development. Serve as a role model, review work, and resolve issues that arise.
- Client Coordination: Serve as on-site liaison/point person between the engagement team and the client. Effectively communicate with the client to obtain necessary information to complete the engagement.
- Technical and Administrative: Manage fieldwork and team communication, keeping all parties well informed of engagement status, budget, and issues. Perform and document work in accordance with industry and Firm standards.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- At least 2 years of progressive audit experience in a public accounting environment
- Strong technical skills sufficient to perform work in accordance with GAAP and GAAS
- The ability to identify accounting issues, conduct research, and suggest solutions
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Supervisory experience to effectively mentor and develop staff
- Experience using computer accounting and auditing software programs, as well as Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet applications
Other Essential Attributes
- Ethical and professional
- Business acumen, strong interpersonal and communications skills
- A continuous learning mentality
- Bachelors or master’s degree in accounting, or related major with strong accounting concentration
- Must have earned 150 semester credits and meet all other educational requirements for CPA licensing
- Hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or be working towards obtaining the license by taking and passing the state CPA exam
- If licensed, be a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
If this position is not for you, explore our other opportunities here.