Join one of the largest public accounting and professional services firms in Hawaii focused on creating the next generation of business leaders. Accuity LLP works with top-tier businesses in a variety of industries, helping them adapt to ever-changing market demands with strategic consulting, audit, and tax expertise.
As a tax consulting manager, you’ll work alongside and learn from talented innovators who love tackling problems and finding solutions. You’ll lead teams, build relationships, consult on interesting business engagements, and advance your career.
In addition to typical benefits, enjoy a progressive benefits package with unique offerings including flexible work arrangements, unlimited time off, life coaching, fitness and wellness classes, and allowances for cell phones and meals. Beyond perks and technical training, our culture is inclusive, balanced, transparent, and collaborative. We believe our people are our greatest asset so we do everything we can to provide the tools, training, and support they need to excel at their jobs.
As a manager, you will serve as a liaison between the partner/principal (Engagement Leader), the client, and the professional staff. Managers play a key role in risk mitigation for the Firm, as well as in staff development and retention. The position requires strong technical, client service, professionalism, marketing, administration skills, entrepreneurial spirt, and ability to develop, train and support junior staff.
Managers must demonstrate substantial expertise in accounting and tax technical areas, general economic trends affecting the business climate. You’ll also be expected to work outside of normal business hours if needed to complete client projects. Travel may be required in connection with professional development activities or client assignments.
- Manage a complex portfolio of clients that includes a wide range of individual, corporate, partnership, Trust, Not-for-Profit, Estate & Gift and other returns
- Serve as key client contact and nurture strong working relationships with client personnel
- Identify and appropriately resolve issues that arise in the course of tax return preparation, including representing the client in interactions with the IRS
- Perform technical research in situations requiring judgment and formulation of alternative courses of action, including complex situations
Administrative and Technical
- Responsible for client billing and collection activities, including fee discussions, staff time, and keeping engagement leader informed of anticipated variances
- Ensure that all work is performed and documented in accordance with industry and office standards
- Actively participate in tax department administrative projects and initiatives, including taking the lead on select projects
Staff Supervision and Self Development
- Delegate and review work by tax staff; monitor status of work to ensure the most efficient and effective use of staff time and professional development
- Manage associates during engagements to enhance their learning and development
- May assist with recruiting activities or acting as an instructor for formal training programs
Administrative and Technical
- Develop an understanding of Firm services to be equipped to offer appropriate services to clients
You’re a great fit if you have:
- At least 7 years of progressive tax experience in a public accounting environment; or 2 years of experience as a tax manager
- Strong accounting, tax, leadership, supervisory and coaching skills
- Excellent administration and time management skills to oversee concurrent responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Initiative, creativity and imagination in approach to client service
Other Essential Attributes
- Ethical and professional
- Business acumen, strong interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to and build relationships with staff, clients, executives and partners and principals
- A continuous learning mentality
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or related program with strong accounting concentration. Advanced degree (generally a MAcc, or Master’s of Taxation, or Law) preferred.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Experience
- Hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license
- Be a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Proficient in the use of computers and computer accounting programs, as well as word processing and spreadsheet applications
If this position is not for you, explore our other opportunities here.